The most wonderful time of the year has officially arrived! Thousands of schooled AWS users, curiosity seekers, novices and AWS experts will be traveling to Las Vegas to kick off the 2019 AWS re:Invent conference. We are beyond stoked to participate once again and get up to speed on all the AWS related news, feature updates, customer feedback, as well as network with like-minded folks and well, maybe hop in on a party or three…
N2WS has been sponsoring the conference since 2014 and along with the some helpful hints we’ve gathered over the years, we thought we would share some insider hints, what sessions we are looking forward to, how to conserve your energy and help you prep for a fabulous and efficient time in Sin City.
Badge and Swag Pickup
In order to avoid lines, we highly recommend getting your badge on Sunday December 1st (pickup officially starts at 9am). You can pick it up at either the venues or the airport. Usually swag includes a hoodie of some sort, so if you don’t want XXL, get to the Venetian on Sunday as early as possible!
Book your sessions early but don’t sweat it if you miss them
Lip balm, long lines, comfy shoes, a water bottle and endless coffee are the cornerstones of AWS re:Invent as it will be long days, and it’s key to pick and choose your schedule beforehand. But as you know, there are always distractions and double booked sessions. Keep in mind that you can always find the session on demand later. AWS re:Invent is about spontaneity as well and if there’s a great conversation to be had, by all means skip out on that session and be happy you did!
Is there a vendor present that you want to book time with? Do that asap, as this will be one of the only chances to see a demo in person. If the founders are present (as they will be at the N2WS Booth #3032!) it’s a wonderful time to put in a feature request or talk about a specific issue you have.
Sessions, Breakouts and Workshops…oh my
Log in to the session catalog and mark each session you’re interested in. Here’s some deep dives we recommend focusing on automation, optimization and storage:
- Deep dive on security in Amazon S3 and Amazon S3 Glacier A great session to ask your questions regarding Amazon S3 security functionality, such as encryption, public access visibility.
- Meeting performance needs for database workloads on Amazon EBS Get recommended best practices so you can achieve performance requirements while running production database workloads on Amazon EC2.
- Deep dive on Amazon EFS Amazon EFS provides an elastic file system with an almost unlimited scalability that can be shared among thousands of instances at the same time. Learn about its targeted use cases.
- Ask me anything about Amazon S3 Amazon S3 was one of the first services released for the AWS cloud and not only is it utilized by almost all of the customers, but many other services rely heavily on it. An important session to ask about your use case.
- Optimizing your serverless applications Serverless is no longer a buzzword. Now that you can set up servers with a few clicks, learn how to unleash the full power of serverless architecture.
- Manage objects and optimize cost with Amazon S3 and Amazon S3 Glacier Learn about optimizing storage costs, data lifecycle management, and strategies for moving and organizing data in formats that take advantage of Amazon S3 features.
AWS Partner Solutions Experience at re:Invent
Are you an AWS partner looking for innovative solutions and services for your customers? Be sure to stop by the AWS Partner Solutions Experience in the Venetian expo hall. You’ll have a chance to discover industry focused solutions and see live demos that specifically suit your customer base. N2WS will be taking part, so be sure to stop by on Thursday, Dec. 5 8:00AM – 4:00PM .
Hashtag AWS re:Invent
Keep your phone charger on you because you’ll come across all KINDS of things hunting for the #AWSreInvent hashtag on Twitter. Unofficial listings, vendor parties, a happy hour close by…the nonstop action is just a hashtag search away.
And speaking of Parties…keep your nights free
After hours events are not to be missed at AWS re:Invent. After talking shop for a full day, your energy will be tested. In addition to the party-style annual Midnight Madness, be sure to get in on more intimate networking events like the 4K/8K run for the fitness focused, or various restaurant networking events (more food!). Sticking to what interests you increases the likelihood of finding great conversations.
N2WS Booth, Demos, New Version Announcements, Prizes, Meet the founders and more
N2WS wants to meet with YOU at the Venetian Expo hall in the Venetian/Palazzo hotel. We will be in Booth #3032 for the entire conference and we’ll have a number of experts on hand to assess your current backup method. N2WS’ big announcement this year is our upcoming v3.0 N2WS Backup & Disaster Recovery which will be released shortly. We’ll be providing an exclusive sneek peak at v3.0’s brand new and improved UI inspired by YOUR feedback so you can streamline your backup process even more.
Get first-in-line access:
As part of the N2WS family, we’re extending an exclusive opportunity to connect with one of our AWS specialists for a personalized 1-on-1 meeting to assess your backup processes and see why N2WS is the #1 backup and recovery on the AWS marketplace for 5 years and running.
These filled up fast last year so be sure to reserve your slot NOW
Win cool prizes
- Win our grand prize Onewheel Pint (Google this if you haven’t seen it, it’s cool)
- Play our highly addictive “birdcage game” and win one of 15 drones
- Grab $250 AWS credits just for swinging by and doing a quick trial deploy
And as we mentioned, our founders Uri and Ohad will be at AWS re:Invent this year, so stop by, say, ‘hey’, ask about a feature you’ve been dying to have, and get our 2020 roadmap. We want to hear what you have to say!