1.1 Launching the Instance
You can quickly start using the N2WS Backup & Recovery (CPM) enterprise-class backup solution to fully protect your AWS cloud deployment.
To launch N2WS as part of a 30-day free trial or as a BYOL edition:
- Go to https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/
- Search for ‘n2ws’.
- Select N2WS Backup & Recovery (CPM) Free Trial & BYOL Edition.
- Select Continue to Subscribe.
- In the AWS logon page, enter your AWS account information, and select Continue to Configuration.
- Under Configure this software, select the relevant version in the Software Version list.
- Select Continue to Launch.
- In the Choose Action list, select Launch through EC2.
CloudFormation (CF) is an AWS service that allows you to treat a collection of AWS resources as one logical unit. CloudFormation provides a common language for you to describe and provision all the infrastructure resources in your cloud environment, across all regions and accounts in an automated and secure manner.
The IAM role will automatically contain the required permissions for N2WS operations.
See section 5 How to Configure N2WS with CloudFormation.
1.3 N2WS Server Instance Connectivity
In order for the configuration process to work, as well as N2WS’s normal operations, N2WS needs to be able to “talk” with AWS APIs. Thus, it needs to have outbound connectivity to the Internet. Verify that the N2WS instance has Internet connectivity; this can be achieved by placing the instance in a public subnet with a public IP address, by assigning an Elastic IP to the instance, using a NAT instance or by using an Internet Gateway. You also need to make sure DNS is configured properly and that HTTPS protocol is open for outbound traffic in the VPC security group settings. It is by default.