The process to configure N2WS to work with CloudFormation is a single stream that starts with subscribing to N2WS on the Amazon Marketplace and ends with configuring the N2WS server.
- N2WS provides a number of editions all of which support CloudFormation.
- An IAM role will automatically be created with minimal permissions and assigned to the N2WS instance.
- Go to https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace
- Search for N2WS.
- Select Continue to Subscribe.
Log in and select Accept Terms.
Select Configure to Configuration.
In the Fulfillment Option drop-down list, select CloudFormation Template.
Select the relevant Software Version and then select Continue to Launch.
In the Launch this software page, select Launch CloudFormation in the Choose Action list and then select Launch.
The Create stack/Select Template page opens.
Under Prepare template, select Template is ready.
Under Template source, choose Amazon S3 URL. Select the default Amazon S3 URL and select Next. The Specify stack details page opens.
Complete the Stack Details and Parameters. For Inbound Access CIDR, security groups act as a firewall for associated instances, controlling both inbound and outbound traffic at the instance level. Configuring Inbound Access CIDR allows you to add rules to a security group that enable you to connect to your Linux instance from your IP address using SSH:
- If your IPv4 address is 203.0.113.25, specify 203.0.113.25/32 to list this single IPv4 address in CIDR notation. If your company allocates addresses within a range, specify the entire range, such as 203.0.113.0/24.
- If you specify 0.0.0.0/0, it will enable all IPv4 addresses to access your instance using SSH.
- For further details, refer to “Adding a Rule for Inbound SSH Traffic to a Linux Instance” at https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/authorizing-access-to-an-instance.html
Select Next. The Options page opens.
Complete the stack options and select Next. The Review page opens.
Select the I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources check box, and then select Create stack. The CloudFormation Stacks page opens.
Select the new stack. The Instances page opens.
Select the instance. Copy the Instance ID value shown in the Description tab and select Launch Instance. The N2WS Server Configuration page opens.
Continue as from section 2.1.